24/7 Ductless Mini-Split Repair in the West Palm Beach Area
If your home has a ductless mini-split air conditioning system as an alternative or supplement to a central AC system, you know how efficient and effective it is when working properly. While most mini-splits are remarkably resilient, sometimes things go wrong, and you’re left with an ineffective or completely non-functional system. That’s when it’s time to call the team at Hopkins Air Conditioning for mini-split repair services.
When you need your mini-split system up and running fast in West Palm Beach, call Hopkins Air Conditioning at 561-656-4870 or request service online.
Signs You Need Mini-Split Repair
Mini-split issues can sneak up on you, but they can be easy to spot when you know what to look for. Here are the most common indicators that you should call the professionals for system repair.
- Unresponsive remote: Unlike central AC, mini-splits require a remote to work. If your unit doesn’t work after changing the batteries, it needs repair.
- Climbing electric bill: You can expect a mini-split to run up to 15 years until efficiency slowly declines. A sudden decline in efficiency in younger units — which will be reflected in higher electric bills, assuming your usage stays the same — can signal several different issues within the system.
- Poor cooling power: If the unit isn’t blowing cold air or the air is not cold enough, there may be a refrigerant leak.
- Grinding noises: One of the most significant indoor signs to watch for is grinding noises from the wall unit. It can indicate worn-down bearings, which may result in overheating and the motor burning out.
- Water leakage: With central AC or window units, a small amount of condensation can be normal. Any water coming from an indoor mini-split unit is a serious sign that you need repair.
- Ice formation: Ice forming on the outdoor unit results from reduced airflow, which can have multiple causes.
- Outdoor fan failure: If the outdoor fan stops running, it’s an indicator that the capacitors have failed or the fan motor is experiencing an issue.
Any of these signs are a good reason to call Hopkins Air Conditioning at 561-656-4870 for quality repairs.
Troubleshooting Your Mini-Split System
Ductless mini-split systems are more complex to work on than central AC, so it’s usually best to call in experts when you’re experiencing any of the problems above. However, there are some steps you can take on your own, including:
- Replacing remote batteries
- Cleaning filters per manufacturer instructions
- Cleaning the outdoor compressor
- Cleaning indoor and outdoor coils
- Checking for power failure or tripped breakers
Let Hopkins Air Conditioning Handle Your Mini-Split Needs
When your ductless HVAC system isn’t cooling or heating the way it should, Hopkins Air Conditioning is here to help. Our family-owned and -operated business is proud to offer repair services backed by NCI and NATE certification, and we even provide emergency services when you need them.
If you need HVAC services in West Palm Beach, call Hopkins Air Conditioning today at 561-656-4870. You can also contact us online with any questions.