Top-Rated Heat Pump Service From Jupiter to Boca Raton, FL
Experts are concerned that, as U.S. heatwaves become the norm, the rush to install high-BTU air conditioners will create even more heat. Thankfully, heat pumps are a great energy-efficient alternative because they don’t generate heat. They pull warmth from the outside air and move it inside, or vice versa in summer.
There are several kinds of heat pumps:
- Water source
The heating and cooling professionals at Hopkins Air Conditioning have over 30 years of South Florida HVAC experience.
Why Heat Pumps Are Great for Florida Homes
Heat pumps offer energy-efficient heating and cooling solutions for year-round comfort. Florida’s tropical climate causes high humidity, which increases the chance of mold growth and allergens. Heat pumps excel at maintaining temperature levels and effectively dehumidify and improve your home’s indoor air quality.
Additional benefits of heat pump installation for your West Palm Beach home include:
- Reduce your carbon footprint
- Long-term savings and lower operating costs
- Improve home comfort
- Save with rebates and tax incentives
Heat Pump Tune-Ups & Maintenance
Your Palm Beach County heat pump needs a maintenance tune-up at least every year. We’ll send reminders and schedule it at your convenience.
To tune up your heat pump, our technicians will:
- Confirm refrigerant charge/leaks
- Diagnose/seal any duct leaks
- Ensure correct thermostat operations
- Examine belts
- Inspect ducts, filters, blower, indoor coils
- Inspect electric terminals
- Lubricate motors
- Validate electric control
- Verify adequate airflow
You’ll love the efficiency of a home heat pump. It’s the best choice for Floridians, but they’re trending everywhere. The average life expectancy of a heat pump is 15 years, but when well-maintained, it can last 20 years.
To keep your heat pump running like new year after year, consider signing up for our maintenance plan. Our maintenance plan lets you enjoy priority service, discounted repairs, discounted replacements, and more.
Heat Pump Repairs
Some of the most common heat pump repairs are:
- Electrical: This is the most common problem and is typically not that difficult for a professional to repair. Never attempt a DIY diagnosis or repair with an electrical problem. It’s not worth the risk.
- Frozen or iced-over outdoor unit: It can happen, even here. Your heat pump has a defrost cycle, but if it fails and the outdoor coil ices up, act quickly. It isn’t a problem yet, but it could strain the unit and lead to a breakdown.
- Refrigerant: Heat pumps use refrigerant year-round. If you suspect a refrigerant leak, contact us quickly. It means the unit can’t absorb and transfer heat correctly, which can damage the compressor.
- Reversing valve: This allows you to switch from heating to cooling. If it gets stuck, schedule a heat pump repair.
Why settle for less? You want the most experienced, professional air conditioning and heating services company.
HEAT PUMP INSTALLATION & REPLACEMENT
Hopkins Air Conditioning installs all brands and types of heat pumps. There are many considerations when purchasing or replacing a heat pump for your Jupiter, FL, home.
The size and type of unit depends on:
- Brand: Research performance and value and buy according to your needs. We offer a variety of heat pump products. If you need help deciding, one of our knowledgeable HVAC technicians would be happy to help.
- Climate: Heat pumps work better in moderate winter weather.
- Ductwork: Existing, new, or replacement.
- SEER: Seasonal energy efficiency ratio.
- Sound: Sound is measured in decibels; lower is quieter.
- Usage: Maximum demand is unique to your household.
You’ll see benefits almost immediately after installing your new heat pump, such as:
- Higher property value: When you sell, your heat pump could show a substantial return on investment. Heat pump technology means you could add between $10,000 and $17,000 to your home’s value.
- Lower carbon footprint: Heat pumps are highly energy-efficient, making them environmentally friendly.
- Operating costs: They will pay for themselves in the long term because of their efficiency.
Hopkins Air Conditioning professionals take pride in being South Florida’s best HVAC company.